We’re so excited to be hosting our annual MLK Day event in person again! Like always, it will be a big, wonderful block party with lots of ways for people of all ages to help.
To be COVID-safe, this year we’re only accepting NEW clothes. And get this: We’ll be putting together a full 2,022 (!) winter clothing kits for all kinds of nice folks who are struggling. Please: NO USED clothes.
We’ll also have:
- Lots of fun arts & craft projects to benefit local nonprofits
- Our growing Civil Rights Exhibit
- Our popular Big Sunday’s Something in Common Project
- Awesome entertainment from the Blue Breeze Band
- And of course, we’ll also all be enjoying a big and delicious community breakfast together. (And yes, all food will be individually wrapped!)
- Plus, this year we’re introducing the Big Sunday MLK Day Marketplace, featuring all kinds of wonderful items for purchase and spotlighting minority-owned businesses.
How can YOU help?
FIVE Options (Scroll down to sign up):
- Sponsor a new clothing bag for $25 apiece. Each bag contains a brand new sweatshirt, t-shirt, hat, scarf, gloves and socks.
- Use our wishlist to purchase these items, as well as new underwear
- Volunteer in-person to help pack all the cold-weather clothing kits for our nonprofit recipients.
- Be an event sponsor and keep this event free for everyone. Sponsorships start at $500 and go to $10,000.
- Make cards at home to go with these warm clothing gifts.
We’re hoping to give away 2,022 bagfuls of clothing and another 2,022 pieces of underwear. We can definitely use your help!
In these divisive times, we’re especially looking forward to MLK Day this year. We can’t think of a better occasion for people of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs to be working together for a common cause. We like to think it’s what Dr. King worked so hard for.
COVID SAFETY: Everything will be outside. All participants 5 & up MUST be vaccinated and show their cards. Everyone will be asked to wear a mask.
All ages welcome! Scroll down to RSVP!