Every Wednesday from 10 -2 at our headquarters at 6111 Melrose Ave, we will be holding socially distant, outdoor, no contact drop offs. Please note that the schedule details are subject to change. Each week we will highlight a “Donation of the Week” that our nonprofit partners are really in need of – see schedule below. Some must be new, some can be gently used. (We’ll let you know.)
1. All drop-offs will be outside. There will be tables and dollies set up outside.
2. The donor is responsible for bringing items out of the car. Big Sunday staff will bring items in after donor leaves to ensure no-contact.
3. Everyone must wear a mask. We will have hand sanitizer if you need it.
4. It is encouraged to bring at least 1 (one) of the items we are specifically collecting that week. But yes, you can bring other things, too.
5. We are hoping to collect at least 250 items each week.
6. If you don’t want to drop things off, but you’d like to contribute to these requested items, great! Please donate here.
Questions? Ask email@example.com
September 23rd: Hygiene and Personal Care Items
- All items must be new!
- This includes: shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, hand soap, lotion, pads, tampons, deodorant, makeup, sunscreen, body spray, hair brushes, etc
- If you’d like to contribute: Items start at $1 (eyeliner), $2 (toothbrush), $3 (deodorant), $5 (shampoo/conditioner), $10 (menstrual products). You can donate here
September 30th: School Supplies
- New and like-new!
- This includes: notebooks, pencils, pens, scissors, crayons, colored pencils, computers, tablets, erasers, paper clips, folders, binders, binder sleeves, calculators, etc
- If you’d like to contribute: Items start at $1 (erasers), $2 (pencils), $3 (binder sleeves), $5 (binders), $10 (calculator). You can donate here
October 7th: Home Goods/Cleaning Supplies
- Cleaning supplies MUST BE NEW, home goods can be like-new
- Products for formerly unhoused people now in permanent housing (Yay!)
- This includes: sanitizer, wipes, disinfectant spray, laundry detergent/softener, furniture, lights, decor, FAKE plants, picture frames, toilet cleaner, sponges, etc
- Cleaning up is especially important now since many people do not have access to these essential materials
- If you’d like to contribute: Items start at $1 (sponges), $2 (hand sanitizer), $3 (disinfectant spray), $5 (laundry detergent), $10 (mop). You can donate here
October 14th: Electronics and Appliances
- New or like-new!
- This includes: headphones, computer mice, toasters, microwaves, air fryers, slow cookers, hot plates, keyboards, speakers, TV’s, can openers
- Formerly unhoused people and low-income families need helpful items such as these, especially now with rising unemployment
- If you’d like to contribute: Items start $5 (usb flash drive), $10 (headphones), $20 (toaster). You can donate here.
October 21st: Baby Items
- NEW! New humans, new items
- This includes: diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, baby powder, toys, bottles, etc
- Did we mention diapers?
- Many families end up reusing diapers because of lack of access to them, we REALLY want to help!
- If you’d like to contribute: Items start $4 (bottles), $10 (diapers), $20 (formula). You can donate here.
October 28th: Non-Perishable Food
- New or unopened and not expired! (Please be sure to check before donating!)
- This includes: canned goods, pasta, rice, beans, juice box, water bottles, instant noodle, etc
- Canned goods are great, make sure they’re easy-to-open! Many don’t have can openers
If you would like to contribute but are unable to make it, no worries! Click here to donate.