We’re so excited to be hosting our annual MLK Day event in person again! Like always, it will be a big, wonderful block party with lots of ways for people of all ages to help.
To be COVID-safe, this year we’re only accepting NEW clothes. And get this: We’ll be putting together a full 2,023 (!) winter clothing kits for all kinds of nice folks who are struggling. Please note: Yes, we will happily accept any new clothes or shoes. However, please NO USED clothes. Thanks!
We’ll also have:
- Lots of fun arts & craft projects to benefit local nonprofits
- Our growing Civil Rights Exhibit
- Our popular Big Sunday’s Something in Common Project
- Awesome entertainment from the Blue Breeze Band
- And of course, we’ll also all be enjoying a big and delicious community breakfast together.
How can YOU help?
SIX Options (Scroll down to sign up):
- Sponsor a new clothing bag for $25 apiece. Each bag contains a brand-new sweatshirt, t-shirt, hat, scarf, gloves and socks.
- Use our wishlist to purchase these items, as well as new underwear
- Volunteer in person to help pack all the cold-weather clothing kits for our nonprofit recipients.
- Be an event sponsor and keep this event free for everyone. Sponsorships start at $500 and go to $10,000.
- Lead a new clothing collection and drop off donations to our Headquarters.
- Make cards at home to go with these warm clothing gifts.
We’re hoping to give away 2,023 bagfuls of clothing and another 2,023 pieces of underwear. We can definitely use your help!
In these divisive times, we’re especially looking forward to MLK Day this year. We can’t think of a better occasion for people of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs to be working together for a common cause. We like to think it’s what Dr. King worked so hard for.
COVID SAFETY: Everything will be outside. All participants 5 & up MUST be vaccinated.
All ages welcome! Scroll down to RSVP!