Big Sunday wants to make sure everyone gets to celebrate Thanksgiving. So, each year, nice people, of all ages, from all over town join us as we host a huge celebration to fill bags with delicious holiday food for thousands of hungry and grateful people.
Even better, some of the people helping out are folks who are getting bags because they want to give as well as receive. And we’re not just packing bags: we’re enjoying arts & crafts, great bluegrass music, and, as always, a fun and friendly community breakfast for everyone!
Thanks to our wonderful and generous sponsors:
CBS, Food Forward, Ralphs/Food4Less, Thrive Market, Allan & Nicole Mutchnik,
The Rosenthal Family Foundation, Marilyn & John Wells, Billy Ray,
Groundwork, Sarah Hennelly, Albert Litewka, Sarah Timberman & Ed Redlich
and Wilshire Rotary Club
No, of course it’s not too late to be a sponsor! Sponsorships start at $1000. Interested? Great! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wow! What a response!
Our 7th Annual Thanksgiving Stuffing Event has all the volunteers we need.
But, if you want to help, there are still tons of ways that you can.
1) You can still sponsor turkeys here: http://bit.ly/BSTurkeySponsor.
2) You can sign up for our Holiday Decorating Party at CalVet (Dec. 1, 9-11) here: https://bigsunday.org/get-involved/holidaydecorating/.
3) You can sign up for our Annual Sing With Seniors at Beverly Hills Carmel (Dec. 4, 6-7). Email email@example.com for more info.
4) You can sign up for our Empathy Night at The Narrative Method (Dec. 4, 7-9). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
5) You can sign up for our 5th In It Together Music Night (Dec. 8, 7:30-10) here: https://bigsunday.org/get-involved/musicnight/.
6) You can sign up for our 9th Annual Big Sunday Holiday Party & Sing Along (Dec. 9, 3-5) here: https://bigsunday.org/get-involved/holidayparty2018/.
7) You can check out our 16th (or 17th) Annual Big Sunday Holiday List with more than 400 other ways to help here: https://theholidaylist.bigsunday.org/.
8) You can host a Lemonade stand (for kids) or “Special Lemonade” Happy Hour (for big kids) with all proceeds to go to the Big Sunday Emergency Fund.*
9) You can start collecting new and used clothes for our 7th Annual MLK Day Clothing Drive & Community Breakfast on Monday, January 21st. More info to come in following weeks.
Big Sunday is here 365 days a year to connect people through helping. If you want to get involved, contact us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.
Thanks again, Happy Thanksgiving, and hope to see you sometime soon!
David L., Rob, Beenish, David M., Tamara, Alan & Ty.
* Just now we’re collecting $1000 for a nice family with two elderly parents and a son fighting kidney disease who has recently lost their home. We are paying for a motel for them while they wait for their Section 8 voucher.
[Thanksgiving Stuffing Event] “Our Thanksgiving wouldn’t be the same without you guys. It warms my heart and replenishes my faith to witness such kindness in action.”
- -A.Z., Los Angeles