Today, many people right here in America are worried about where their next meal is coming from. According to data from UCLA’s Center for Health Policy Research, at least 4 million Californians are struggling with food insecurity — being unable to consistently put food on the table. More and more people are turning to food pantries to help them put enough food on their tables. And these are not just homeless people, but often people with jobs who simply do not make enough money to feed their families.
To help meet this need, Big Sunday is proud to host the End of the Month Club.
Every month, Big Sunday sponsors a food drive to collect food for a local food pantry. The food can be dropped off at the Big Sunday offices starting on the 3rd Monday of the month. The following Wednesday morning – the 3rd Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) – anyone who is interested is invited to stop by the Big Sunday office between 10 and 11 a.m. to drop off any additional food, and then stick around to sort and box it – not to mention enjoying the company of the others who’d like to help, too.
We aim to collect more than 700 items of food each month. To help us meet this goal, each month we pair up with at least one business, school, faith group, club, family or individual who will collect specific items in their community.
Others Include: The Authentic Literary and Talent Agency; The Center for Early Education; Centro Evangelistico Ebenezer Church; City National Bank; Clif Bar; Cornerstone on Demand; Disney Animation; Dreamworks Animation; IKAR; The Westmark School; Wilshire Rotary Club; The Oakwood School; Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills; the cast and crew of “Justified”; Hancock Homes Realty; Village Pizzeria and more!
If you’d like to get more involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-549-9944.
- June 21: Canned Protein for North Hollywood Interfaith Pantry
- July 19: Clean out your Cupboards! Unexpired, non-perishable foods for Program for Torture Victims
- August 16: Unexpired Canned Goods for LA Youth Network
- September 20: Granola Bars/Snack Bags for PATH (People Assisting the Homeless)
- October 18: Unexpired Canned Pop-top Items for Hope Mill
- November 22: Canned/Boxed Thanksgiving Foods
- December 10: Anything Goes! Unexpired, non-perishable foods for Walden Family Services