How to Post a Last-Minute Project
Every April, lots of people call Big Sunday wanting to add last-minute projects. As far as we’re concerned, it’s always great when anyone wants to help out. However, by then all of our projects are budgeted and our staff is incredibly busy managing the ones we’ve already committed to doing.
There’s good news, though: This year we’re adding The Big Sunday Weekend Last-Minute Project Bulletin Board. That way, we can post any additional volunteer projects you have, right here on the Big Sunday website.
This is what we’ll need to know:
- What’s the project? (Please provide a brief description.)
- Who benefits?
- How many volunteers do you need? (And are kids welcome?)
- Where is the project taking place? (An address, plus zip code is helpful.)
- When is the project taking place? (Either Saturday May 1st or Sunday, May 2nd.).
- What time is your project?
- Who should people contact if they want to help? (Please note that we cannot post anything without a contact name and e-mail or phone number.)
A couple of practical things to bear in mind:
- Big Sunday cannot provide any money for these projects
- Big Sunday CAN provide free Big Sunday T-shirts for these projects (while supplies last).
- Big Sunday CAN provide Big Sunday posters and postcards. (When you post your event, someone from Big Sunday will be in touch about how you can pick up T-shirts and other items.)
And a couple of issues, legal and otherwise:
- Please remember that Big Sunday has no religious or political agenda, and we cannot support or advertise projects that do.
- Big Sunday assumes no liability whatsoever for any project listed on the Big Sunday Weekend Bulletin Board. Anyone posting on the Big Sunday Weekend Bulletin Board must sign a waiver acknowledging that Big Sunday assumes no liability for his or her project.
- Big Sunday reserves the right not to post your project.
If you’d like to post a last-minute project, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the necessary information about your project (see list above). We’ll send you back an email with a few more details, and then we’ll post your project!
And thanks for being part of Big Sunday Weekend 2010.